Thursday, March 24, 2011

Fairies and Cupcakes

Although I don't make cupcakes all that often, and when I do I usually eat them without any icing, I really enjoy making (and receiving) cupcake toppers. The idea here is simple, use toothpicks (or any thin wooden skewer) and create miniature collaged peices which you then attach using hot glue. Stick them in your cupcake and there you go - instant decoration! These toppers were made for a Swap-bot swap in which my partner picked the theme she wanted based on a list I offered. I was hoping she would choose my cuttlefish theme since I had a great idea and graphic picked out...I will have to make those for myself one day. Vintage flower fairies was her chosen theme and they were so much fun to make! I was actually very happy with how they turned out.









I recently found an amazing source for images, The Graphics Fairy. She posts new images daily so it's always fun to see what's new.














I think I'm hooked on this new little craft! So easy and fun.

3 comments: